Licensed Clinical Social Worker / Licensed Professional Counselor
Lakeside Behavioral Health is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Licensed Professional Counselors to provide patient-centered services within the scope of psycho-education, patient scheduling, discharge/transition planning, facilitating family/advocate involvement, facilitating the involvement of other providers, monitoring for safety, and providing support.
Location of Service:
St.Louis, MO & St.Peters, MO.
Duties Include but are not limited to the following:
- Meets with patients and their families for psychosocial needs assessment and examines social support, appropriate community resources, and coping mechanisms.
- Documents all communication accurately and appropriately.
- Provides psychological support to patients and families.
- Provides support to clinic patients and their families during hospitalizations.
- Provides follow-up counseling on an ongoing basis.
- Acts as a patient/family advocate in negotiating the health care system.
- Develops and maintains support groups to enhance the quality of care to patients and their families.
- Provides information to patients and families regarding resources both in local communities and those geographically distant i.e. those patients contemplating procedures in other cities
- Facilitates team support of identified patients and clinic staff regarding skills and knowledge specific to the role of a mental health worker in a medical practice.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community agencies, healthcare organizations, and other providers to promote a broad base of support for patients and families. -Coordinates support groups with local agencies and health care providers to prevent duplication of services and to better address the needs of the patient population
- Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific differences in the patient population that include late adolescence, adulthood, middle age, and the elderly. This includes physiological, psychological, and developmental differences unique to each group
- Participates in quality improvement activities
- May oversee the activities of staff providing coordination of Social Services
- A Master’s degree in social work
- Licensed in the state of Missouri as a Clinical Social Worker
- Two years post Master’s Degree in counseling field
- Have prior experience facilitating individual and group therapy sessions.
- Ability to work in collaboration with a treatment team
- Ability to establish a strong therapeutic working relationship with clients
- Have strong case conceptualization skills and ability to understand treatment planning is required
- Advanced knowledge of therapy theories and the ability to implement them effectively
- Word Processing Skills
- Case management skills
- Ability to relate well to clients, co-workers, and referral sources
- Knowledge regarding supervision of others
- Ability to document all work and complete paperwork in an accurate and timely manner in an Electronic Health Record system.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task on a daily basis, including managing a full caseload and ability to prioritize tasks
Job Types: Part-time, Contract